Outpatient Imaging Center at North Suburban Medical Center
North Suburban’s Department of Radiology and Imaging provides a broad range of services to aid in the screening, diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions and emergent injuries.
We serve patients in our emergency department, patients in our hospital, and outpatient patients in need of services as well.
Outpatient Imaging Services Provided at our Outpatient Imaging Center
Abdominal Ultrasound – used during pregnancy or to diagnose gynecological problems
Breast Ultrasound – shows whether a breast lump is a fluid-filled cyst or a solid lump
- Mammograms – when additional views of the breast are needed. If you have a possible abnormality detected on your screening mammogram, your self-exam or your doctor’s physical exam, you will need a diagnostic mammogram
- Full body bone densitometry – a test using X-ray technology to measure bone density for the detection and ongoing evaluation of osteoporosis
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy – for evaluating lumps without surgery
Imaging Services Provided at North Suburban Medical Center (hospital)
- CT Scans - or Computed Tomography scans
- Interventional Radiology
- MRI, or Magnetic Resonance Imaging scans
- Nuclear Medicine Studies