Three convenient locations in Thornton and Westminster serving the entire north Denver community
When a medical emergency strikes, your family needs quality emergency care as quickly as possible. North Suburban Medical Center, part of the HealthONE network in Denver, provides ER care at the main location, and has two additional ERs in Thornton and Westminster.
Open 24/7 for all your emergency care needs, our ERs treat everything from heart attacks to orthopedic injuries.
North Suburban Emergency Room
The North Suburban ER is location on our main campus at 9191 Grant Street in Thornton, CO within the North Suburban Medical Center. Our emergency room offers award-winning emergency care for our community.
North Suburban Medical Center’s ER also offers:
- Board-certified emergency doctors
- Experienced emergency room nurses with decades of combined experience
- On-call specialists for life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Rapid response programs, including cardiac aleart and stroke alert
- Airlife helicopter ready to transport stable patients from North Suburban Medical Center who need a Level I Trauma Center at a moment’s notice
- State-of-the art diagnostic equipment
- Short ER wait times that are lower than the national average
Should You Go to the ER?
If you feel that your life is in danger, call 911 immediately.
If you're not sure if you need to go to the ER, click below for a list of common ER ailments and guidance on when an ER visit is recommended.
Kid-Friendly ER Care at North Suburban
The ER at North Suburban has kid-sized medical equipment and cheerful private rooms to help calm our little patients. Plus, our pediatric ER is staffed by board-certified pediatricians and pediatric emergency nurses from the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, who provide the highest level of care. If you think your child may need to go to the ER and your doctor's office is closed (on evenings or weekends), call our FREE pediatric nurse advice line:
Learn more about pediatric care at North Suburban.
Two Freestanding ERs to Serve You in Westminster and Northeast Thornton
In addition to the ER care provided at our main location, North Suburban also has two freestanding Emergency Rooms conveniently located in Westminster at 112th and Sheridan and another in Northeast Thornton at 128th and Holly. Each ER is open 24/7 and has all of the expertise as our main location.