EMS & North Suburban Medical Center
A Pre-Hospital Resource for Emergency Medical Services
Welcome EMS providers! In addition to providing exceptional patient care, North Suburban Medical Center (NSMC) is dedicated to providing support and educational opportunities to the EMS community.
About North Suburban Medical Center
With a generation of caring for the communities of north Denver, NSMC has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care.
Located just 10 minutes north of Denver, our facilities are situated to bring high quality care to the neighborhoods of north Denver and beyond.
North Suburban leads the north Denver area in Core Measure quality ratings andhas been recognized for our dedication to safety and patient care.
Why Transport to North Suburban Medical Center?
- Our pediatrics program is a proud affiliate of Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- Dedicated pediatric area of Emergency Department with a pediatrician and pediatric nurses from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Level II NICU which six beds for the admission of our littlest patients
- Honored by the March of Dimes for keeping babies safe
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measure by The Joint Commission for the fifth straight year
- One of America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care by the Women’s Choice Awards
- Honored as one of the Top 5 Safest Hospitals in the Denver Area in a Consumer Reports study
- Crossed the five-year mark of achieving above the 90th percentile for Core Measures, a set of quality indicators used by all U.S. Hospitals to track high-quality patient care.
- The first and only hospital thus far in the State of Colorado to receive Sepsis Certification from The Joint Commission. Program impacts include: decrease in overall mortality, severe sepsis mortality, and septic shock mortality from previous year.
- Named a 2017 Leapfrog Top General Hospital, making us one of only three Colorado hospitals (out of the 109 hospitals in the state) to receive this honorable distinction.
- Opened The Birth Center at North Suburban in late 2017. Renovations include 14 brand new, spacious birth suites and state-of-the-art equipment, all designed with mom/baby safety and comfort in mind.
- Primary stroke certified. Recipient of the 2017 Get with the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus with Target Stroke Elite Plus Honor Role Recognition from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Meet our ED Staff
Our expert physicians and staff are highly experienced in caring for adult and pediatric patients. We offer shadowing opportunities for EMS providers to earn CE credits.
Educational Opportunities for EMS
- Shadowing Opportunities
- EMS providers paired with physician or mid-level provider (physician assistant or nurse practitioner) and receive continuing education toward your state or national recertification.
- AirLife Ride-Along Program
Monthly “From the Bus to the Burb” continuing education (CE) course with varying topics the third Wednesday of the month from 9am-11am in the Aspen & Spruce conference rooms. No RSVP needed. Contact EMS Coordinator Ben Tice with questions.
Keep Up with HealthONE EMS
Stay informed on what’s underway with HealthONE EMS by following our Facebook page.
- Airlife Website
- Airlife EMS Outreach
- Airlife Ride-Along Program
- Airlife High-Risk OB Team
- Airlife Neonate Team
EMS Feedback or Questions
We appreciate your feedback! If you have any EMS questions or concerns, please contact us!
North Suburban Medical Center's EMS coordinator