Not All ERs are Created Equal
North Suburban has award-winning quality care and has been serving our neighbors for a generation.
In an emergency, you want the best care, and you want it quickly. We offer both. Our ERs have:
- Board-certified emergency doctors
- Experienced emergency nurses
- On-call specialists for life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Rapid Response Programs, including Cardiac Alert and Stroke Alert
- Airlife helicopter ready to transport stable patients from North Suburban Medical Center who need a Level I Trauma Center at a moment’s notice
- State-of-the art diagnostic equipment
ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only. If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
The ER wait time represents the time it takes to see a qualified medical professional, defined as a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP).
ER wait times represent a four-hour rolling average updated every 30 minutes, and is defined as the time of patient arrival until the time the patient is greeted by a qualified medical professional. Patients are triaged at arrival and are then seen by a qualified medical professional in priority order based on their presenting complaint ad reason for visit.